Board Certified Hypnotherapist

Psalms 34-36

Psalms 34-36 - Click to read!

I remember as a junior high kid attending a great church that had somehow put Psalms 34:1-4 to a song. The church family had often sang this song. In fact, they had put many Scriptures to songs. It was my very first experience at singing Scripture, but I liked it a lot! In fact, I still sing these verses to this day. When we sang it years ago, it was sung to the words in the KJV version of the Bible. Here it is below. See if you can find it on the internet how the song is actually sung and make it a part of your day each day to sing it!

"I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

As we read the rest of Chapter 34, there are so many things that could be discussed. However, there are two things I want you to notice:
1) David wants everyone to know that God hears prayer...and then answers them!
2) Even Godly people will experience trials and tribulations in life!

Notice how often King David mentions how God is a prayer-hearing God:  

"4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me,and delivered me from all my fears."
"This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles." 
"15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry."
"17 The righteous cry, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles."

Now notice in verse    that David is real honest about the life of a believer:

"19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all." 

Even though the love of God is infinite for those of us who trust in Him and love Him, He still allows us to go through afflictions, trials, and tribulations. His reasons are many, but I've often noticed in Scripture and in life that God allows these things to happen for several reasons:

1) To show some aspect of His wonderful character that you've never really understood before. Remember, God is trying to reveal more of Himself to you. He loves you that much! So much so, that often times it is through tragedy and tough times that we see Him for who He really is.
2) To get our attention in some way, especially when everything's going good and we feel we don't need Him. God knows how we are. Sadly, it's not until something bad happens when we turn to God. Therefore, He'll use whatever method to bring our attention back into a focus on Him and His will.
3) At other times, God allows tragedy or tough times to happen to spank us. Just like our parents who sent us into "time out" or spanked us, God will spank his children to put them back on the path to righteous living.  
4) To bring us into our ministry! I can't tell you how many ministries have been born out of adversity! I remember watching "America's Most Wanted". That incredible show was responsible for putting thousands of criminal on the streets behind bars. Sadly, however, John Walsh, the host and founder of the show had to experience the most gut-wrenching experience of life - that of having his little boy, Adam, being abducted and killed at the hands of a brutal killer - a killer who could not be found. From that anguish that John experienced was born the hit TV show, "America's Most Wanted." When God does act in such a way, it for the greater good, a higher purpose that what you and I could ever imagine - and He allows it to happen out of pure love.


There are many more reasons, but you kind of get an idea as to why God would allow afflictions to happen.

In Chapter 35, we can see David pouring out his heart to the Lord about his enemies and the backstabbing that goes on behind his back. However, the beautiful lesson we can learn from David is how he reacts to his enemies. When his enemies are in trouble, he prays for them and mourns with them. But, when he's in trouble, he notices how his enemies rejoice in his troubles. That injustice doesn't set well with David. But, instead of creating a fight with his enemies or harboring bitterness in his heart against them, he takes his anguish to the Lord.  Notice how he argues his case before God:

12 They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul. 13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom. 14 I behaved myself as though he had been my friend or brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourneth for his mother. 15 But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not:"

How did Jesus tell us to respond to our enemies? To those who persecute us? He said to pray for them and even bless them! This is the kind of heart God wants us to have towards difficult people.

In Chapter 36, David continues his petition before God about the wicked who continually attack him. But notice something here. David doesn't dwell on it. He shares his concerns, but then finishes this chapter with praise toward God. Here's the lesson you can learn from this chapter (among many), that while there are hurts in life - don't dwell on them! You can share it with God, but don't dwell on them. Spend more time giving God the praise than discussing the trouble your facing! He is more worthy of discussion and attention than the troubles you face!

What did you learn from today's reading?

Search The Bible!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

THE 4 LIVING BEINGS IN REVELATION!

Interview With Carl Little of UDP DataMax

Executive Life Magazine

Randy Commercial Trip Valet

Randy Commercial Trip Valet

Randy Commercial Executive Life

REACHING PEOPLE FOR CHRIST!

SCUBA DIVING - BEAVER LAKE, ARKANSAS

Get Educated, Encouraged, & Empowered...

For thousands of years, millions of leaders, business owners, and ordinary people world-wide have relied on the Bible for insight, wisdom, and guidance. In doing so, many have modeled its principles for success.

Join me as we journey through the incredible, life-changing pages of the greatest book ever written - The Bible.


Quotes To Live By!

The greatness of a man is not measured by his position, power, plaudits, or pleasures, but by what it takes to discourage him. - Dr. Jerry Falwell

A truly GREAT man doesn't discourage easily. He understands the risks in life. And if he fails, he fails FORWARD! - Dr. John Maxwell

"I will speak the ill of no man, but all the good of everyone." - Benjamin Franklin

Life is about living out your passions and figuring out how to get paid to do it. - Glenn Beck

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving! - Anonymous

Love...as though you'll NEVER get another chance! - Anonymous