Board Certified Hypnotherapist

Psalms 25-27

Read Psalms 25-27

The first two chapters of today's reading are urgent cries of prayer to the Lord! Can you relate to either of them? The third chapter is one of victorious praise to God for ALL He's done to help him.

David, much like us, has been in tough situations! In fact, these verses in Chapter 25 really capture the essence of his concerns:

"Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted. 17 The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses! 18 Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins. 19 Consider my enemies, for they are many;"

Notice the emotional and urgent pleas he makes before God:
1) Turn and listen to me!  Have you ever felt like God wasn't listening?
2) Begs for mercy due to his feelings of loneliness and affliction  Ever felt this way?
3) Begs the Lord to pull him out of the trouble that just keeps getting bigger!  Can you relate?
4) Asks God to look on his troubles and deep pain and forgive his sins.  Ever done that?
5) Asks God to consider his many enemies.  Have you ever had enemies that wanted to kill you?

 In Chapter 26, King David begs for God to examine his life and as a result vindicate him from all his troubles. When he invites the Lord to examine his life, it's offering the Lord an open opportunity to reveal to you things about yourself you may need to repent of. However, in this case, David says in essence, "Lord, look at my life and notice the integrity I've maintained before You!" This is David "bargaining chip" with God. He goes through a list of things in his life that God should be pleased with where His response would be to lift him out of his trouble and pain.

Here's are the "bargaining chips" David used before the Lord:
1) I hate evildoers!
2) I give you thanks!
3) I tell others about you!
4) I love your church and hanging around learning more about you!
5) I lived my life according to the Scriptures!
6) I live a life of integrity!

Have you ever bargained with God?  Better yet, have you ever been bold enough to ask the Lord to "examine your heart and mind." ?

In Chapter 27, David offers ecstatic praise to the Lord! He declares that he literally has no reason in the world to fear. Why? Because God is his light and salvation.

I love how David opens his heart in this chapter and describes the GREATEST love of his heart:

"One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple."


Today, David is standing in the majesty of God's beauty and glory! During his reign as the King of Israel, his greatest love was to behold God's beautiful glory and to learn His truth. Many years later, when he died, the angels carried him into God's wonderful presence. It's wonderful to know that there's a hope in our future (if you've given your life to Jesus Christ) - the hope of beholding God's glory, being in His wonderful presence, fellowshipping forever with the saints, and living in absolute joy and peace throughout all eternity! Wow...it's unimaginable!

What about you? What is your GREATEST hope and love?  Is it the Lord?



Search The Bible!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

THE 4 LIVING BEINGS IN REVELATION!

Interview With Carl Little of UDP DataMax

Executive Life Magazine

Randy Commercial Trip Valet

Randy Commercial Trip Valet

Randy Commercial Executive Life

REACHING PEOPLE FOR CHRIST!

SCUBA DIVING - BEAVER LAKE, ARKANSAS

Get Educated, Encouraged, & Empowered...

For thousands of years, millions of leaders, business owners, and ordinary people world-wide have relied on the Bible for insight, wisdom, and guidance. In doing so, many have modeled its principles for success.

Join me as we journey through the incredible, life-changing pages of the greatest book ever written - The Bible.


Quotes To Live By!

The greatness of a man is not measured by his position, power, plaudits, or pleasures, but by what it takes to discourage him. - Dr. Jerry Falwell

A truly GREAT man doesn't discourage easily. He understands the risks in life. And if he fails, he fails FORWARD! - Dr. John Maxwell

"I will speak the ill of no man, but all the good of everyone." - Benjamin Franklin

Life is about living out your passions and figuring out how to get paid to do it. - Glenn Beck

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving! - Anonymous

Love...as though you'll NEVER get another chance! - Anonymous