Board Certified Hypnotherapist

Jan.18 - Exodus 2 - 4

What an incredible encounter! Moses is given the phenominal privilege to converse with God on a one-on-one, face-to-face encounter! After having killed an Egyptian, Moses flees the palace of Pharaoh and his executive position to hide in the desert of Midian, near the Red Sea. He joins up with a family of shepherds and marries the daughter of one of the priests within a local tribe.

From A SOMEBODY TO A NOBODY! Believe it or not, 40 years pass between the end of Chapter 2 and the beginning of Chapter 3. For 40 years, Moses was a "prince" in Egypt - a real "somebody"! During the next 40 years while shepherding Jethro's flocks in the desert near the Mountain of Sinai and the Sinai Peninsula, Moses realizes he's just a "nobody." While hanging around the mountains in the Sinai Peninsula, he sees a bush that appears to be on fire, but is NOT being consumed by the heat and flames! Obviously, he is captured by this sight and goes over to investigate this unusual phenomenon. Like a clap of thunder out of a clear blue sky, God speaks to Moses from within the bush. As they engage in conversation, God clearly explains His plans for Moses' life. Here's how the conversation flows:

God's reveals His plan: "I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people...out of Egypt."
Moses' response: "Who am I?" In other words... "I have no ability to do that!"

God says: "I'll be with you."
Moses responds: "What shall I tell them?" (3:13) In other words, "I have no message!"

God says: Tell them "I AM has sent me to you."
Moses responds: "What if they don't believe me?" (4:1) In other words, "I have no authority!"

God says: "Throw your staff on the ground." In fact, God speaks of 3 miracles He will do for Moses to convince him of His power and His promise.
Moses responds: "I have never been eloquent." (4:10) In other words, "I don't speak well!"

God says: "I will help you speak."
Moses responds: "Please send someone else to do it." (4:13) In other words, "I'm just not interested, use someone else."

How many Christians have used these same lame excuses to avoid following God with all of their heart? They say, "Lord, I love you, but I can't do this or that because I don't speak well, or I don't have the right education, or I don't have the right position of authority, or I don't really know what to say to people????" PLEASE NOTE: God had an answer for EVERY excuse Moses made!!!

If you think you have no ability for God's use, read Phillippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

If you think you have no message, read I Corinthians 15:3-4!

If you think you have no authority, read Matthew 28:18-20!

If you think you have no eloquence, read 1 Corinthians 2:1-5!

If you think you have no desire to submit to God's will, read Phillippians 2:13!

There are NO EXCUSES for not serving the God of the Universe, the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords! Right now, go to Him in prayer and ask for His forgiveness for not trusting in Him. If you look at your own talents and gifts, yes...you'll be afraid. But if you look at His Ability and His Power, He can do anything in and through YOU!!!

No comments:

Search The Bible!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

THE 4 LIVING BEINGS IN REVELATION!

Interview With Carl Little of UDP DataMax

Executive Life Magazine

Randy Commercial Trip Valet

Randy Commercial Trip Valet

Randy Commercial Executive Life

REACHING PEOPLE FOR CHRIST!

SCUBA DIVING - BEAVER LAKE, ARKANSAS

Get Educated, Encouraged, & Empowered...

For thousands of years, millions of leaders, business owners, and ordinary people world-wide have relied on the Bible for insight, wisdom, and guidance. In doing so, many have modeled its principles for success.

Join me as we journey through the incredible, life-changing pages of the greatest book ever written - The Bible.


Quotes To Live By!

The greatness of a man is not measured by his position, power, plaudits, or pleasures, but by what it takes to discourage him. - Dr. Jerry Falwell

A truly GREAT man doesn't discourage easily. He understands the risks in life. And if he fails, he fails FORWARD! - Dr. John Maxwell

"I will speak the ill of no man, but all the good of everyone." - Benjamin Franklin

Life is about living out your passions and figuring out how to get paid to do it. - Glenn Beck

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving! - Anonymous

Love...as though you'll NEVER get another chance! - Anonymous